Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 9 - My Mothers Day @ the Zoo

When Hubby asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, I knew right away what I wanted. I wanted to spend time with my family having fun, and creating memories. So instead of a plant, jewellery, perfume, or chocolates, we went to the zoo. We haven't been for a few years, and with The Kid now a teenager, I doubt that she will want to go on many more of these family outings. It was a wonderful day.
Along with the zoo trip, my kids made me a scrapbook, and each of them made me a card. The words inside made me cry - (something I don't do too often ) My 12 year old son thanked me for helping him with "the blues". The Kid told me that I am an everyday hero to her, and that one day she hopes to be as good of mom to her kids as I am to her. The Little Man's card was cute too, he used pink ( my favorite colour) and blue ( his favorite colour), and he was sure to point out the lipstick that he had drawn on his mother day picture of me. My funny, strong middle son.
love em!

me and the big kids


the boys and I



me and the bunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment