Friday, May 27, 2011

Little Monkeys


I think I am a pretty good mom.  I am certainly proud of my kids; I love and respect them.  In raising my children, each have helped reveal parts of myself that I never knew existed - or maybe these parts would never have existed with out my three kids.  What I am waiting for is one of the three kids to help reveal that part of me that loves the indoor play experience. 
Yes, I am that mom.  The one who will make mud pies, go to the beach, cheer my kids on, cry with them, the mom who will try her best not to take over the science project (even though I want to).  I am the mom who will get down on the floor and play with my kids.  I am the mom who attends school concerts and graduations, in a stuffy over crowded auditorium, tearing up and beaming with pride.  But, I am not the mom who loves the indoor gym. 
Last week, with The Little Man's cousin visiting from Nova Scotia we planned a field trip to Little Monkey's, an indoor play centre here in our town. I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the indoor gym and a night club.  Both have big lounge-y leather couches.  Both have an area to sweat it out (one a dance floor, one a large climber.) Both have rooms off to the side for private parties.  Both have an arcade section - the play centre equipped with air hockey and the bar with pool tables.  And both the indoor gym and the night club have a bar.  Now only if the indoor gym served alcohol, then maybe I would be that mom.  The mom who loves a Little Monkey's type experience.    
the reason why I go to these places:  the joy on the kids faces. totally worth it.

breaking for lunch.  and yes, i was that mom - the one who packed "fruit" gummies, otherwise known as 100% pure refined sugar.

2 comments:

  1. hey thanks for the invite! looks like a good time ... lol
    i am that mom too that is not a fan of the indoor playground!!!
    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an experience I wish to never, ever repeat. Thanks for sharing it with me, and the gelatinous goop you shared with my kid that sent her over the edge. she's now in sugar rehab. thanks. never. ever. again. never. Thank god the closest thing like that here, is half an hour away. what the hell am i saying, i could live in the parking lot and still never, ever do that again. never.

    ReplyDelete