Monday, June 13, 2011

On His Way

This morning Josh left for his 4 day trip to Quebec with the school.  He packed light, one duffel bag, one backpack, but even with his light load I'm sure he is ready for this. 
I'm sure he's ready.  I'm sure he will be okay.  I keep telling myself this.

I explain having a child on the spectrum as having a child growing up in slow motion.  Josh has typically been slower than other boys to reach his milestones.  My husband and I knew that for Josh's last year of grade school, Josh's resiliency skills and social skills would need to be strengthened.   His readiness for the Quebec trip, and his transition into high school have been the focus of our case conferences. 

The gains he has made this year amaze me.  That's not to say that he hasn't had his moments, but considering what he has to deal with, but I couldn't be prouder how he has handled himself.

So, I should be confident, and I am.  I am not nearly the crying, sobbing mess I was this time last year when the first born had her trip to Quebec.  But just to be sure, I picked up The Orb in Josh's room and asked if he would be fine.  Unclear.   Great.  Just a word of advice, don't second guess your intuition with a toy fortune teller.   He will be fine, he is ready, he can do this. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment