Monday, April 11, 2011

Seriously?!?

"Guess what today is?  It has to do with me, and buying me presents." 
 That's what my son's friend called out when he came over after school today. 

  Seriously? 

This from the kid, who didn't invite Josh to his party. 
This from the kid who comes to my home everyday after school.
This from the kid who has been Josh's best friend since grade two. 

I can be the adult here.
If Josh can take it with a grain of salt, then I can too.

"Happy Birthday Joe."

There I did it.
With steam coming out of my ears, but I did it.

"Did you get me anything?" he asked.

You've got to be kidding me.
Why is he poking Mama Bear?

"Did you invite me to your party?"
There goes my adult card.

"No."

"Did you invite me to your party" pipes up my son.

"No."

"Then no, I didn't get you anything."

geesh.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Very well handled Trish, sometimes having to behave like the adult sucks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl !!!

    YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete