Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

It was rainy and chilly today, which is a good thing because so far this spring it has been dry and warm, and the gardens needed some water. I am having a hard time resisting the spring floral pictures. Today I got a shot of these tulips, they remind me of soldiers, tall straight and proud.

The second picture is of a Bleeding Heart bush that I saved from a friends garden. Of course when I dug this little bush up and moved it I wasn't sure of what it was. I am pleasantly surprised, the heart shaped blooms amuse me.

This week I was pretty busy in the garden. I widend a side garden, and added another bed - this one in front of the deck to camofloge the junk we hide under there. Other plans for the garden this year include veggies at the side door and dare I say it removal of the enormus dead poplar trees. ( keeping my fingers crossed - hoping that my BIL, can hook me up with some of his connections )

No comments:

Post a Comment