Friday, April 30, 2010

April 28 - Sugar Shine


I stole the Little Man's push pop for my 365 today. I just thought that it looked stunning with the sunlight streaming through the blue candy - like a stained glass window. I find it ironic that today of all days, I would find the beauty in sugar. But then again maybe it isn't so ironic after all. Since I quit smoking 4 months ago my weight has been a struggle. Its easy to consider sugar the enemy and today I felt like I beat the evil enemy. I ate well, and tried my best to exercise.
Since my knee crapped out on me, I have not been working out. I have stopped running completely, and power walks can only be done on a good day. I mean - I've been active, walking, gardening or riding my bike, but I have not been able to work out. Yesterday I was able to do some low impact aerobics with weights. I was careful to stretch in the middle and at the end of my workout in order to remain mobile tomorrow as well.
Anyway, the point here is that I felt alive. I missed listening to my tunes, singing my heart out, feeling strong and able, as opposed to disabled. Working out for me may never be running again, and while that is sad, I have to grieve and get on with it. Find something new, that will give me the same sense of appreciation for what my body can do if I put my mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment