Thursday, August 26, 2010

Betty Blogger Summary


I evaluate success in my life by a feeling. If I feel that I am moving forward or growing I feel satisfied. Inner satisfaction for me means a peaceful ease. A sense of pride and self assurance. If I feel that I have come to a halt, mentally, physically or emotionally I feel like I have more work to do, risks to take and rewards to gain.

When I signed up for the Betty Blogger course, I was looking for outer success. How to make my blog look better. For this outer success, I risked being vulnerable. I risked failure and judgement. What I gained was the outer success of a better looking blog, but also I gained knowledge and acceptance. Acceptance from others and more importantly acceptance of myself.





  • On a scale of 1-10,how would you rate your knowledge of Web 2.0 and its applications?

I'd say that I am a solid 7.5 I've learned a lot and hope to continue learning.



  • Did the Betty Blogger summer school meet your expectations.

Yes, I had wanted to learn how to follow a friends blog, how to link and how to make those nifty collages in Picasa, - check, check and check!



  • Did the Library Lady meet your expectations.

Both Melissa and Library Lady exceeded my expectations. They were great.



  • What was the most challenging part of Betty Blogger? Why?

For me, the most challenging part was the You Tube task. I tried every way I could think of but could not get the clip on my blog from my home computer, so in frustration, I tried it on my laptop and it worked.



  • How did you find the "self-directed" learning model?

Convenient, and enjoyable.



  • If we ran this program again, would you recommend it to a friend?

Sure would!




2 comments:

  1. For she's a jolly good fellow!

    Great job, Trish! In the words of GI Joe, "knowing is half the battle!" *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the Betty Blogger program, Trish! Well done!

    And thanks especially for sharing your thoughts at the beginning of your final blog post. They really have given me something to think about.

    (I love that you ended by embedding a video given your response to #4!)

    ReplyDelete