Tuesday, December 21, 2010

365 Project December 14 - 21


December 14 - A Dose of Sunshine - My kids and husband love clementines.  They will sit down and eat three or four at a time.  Clementines remind me of Christmas, the paradox is that they also remind me of summer days at the beach. 



December 15 - Away in a Manger - Last week when we were visiting Grandma, I set up her nativity scene.  We never had a nativity scene when I was growing up, but I am certain if we did, I would have gotten in big trouble for playing house with it.  We didn't have a manger, but I remember the year that my Dad set up the microphones and I sang "Away in a Manger" into it, recorded on cassette tape. 

Away in a Manger
no crib for a bed
the little Lord Jesus
lay down his sweet head




December 16 - Happy -weekly self portrait - I realized by looking through my selfies that I look like a miserable person.  Never smiling.  This week, I made an effort to smile.  "cheese!"



December 17 - A Visit With Santa - The Little Man doesn't want to go visit Santa.  I brought him to the mall last week hoping that he would change his mind.  Nope.  So instead, I sent an email off to Magic Santa.  Santa sent a magic email back to Charlie.  He was very happy to get this "visit", and bragged all about his email to his family when they got home. 



December 18 - Snowman Sleepover - Actually, it was a cousin sleepover.  My nephews, Cole and Jack slept over Saturday night.  We made a snowman craft out of socks. I really enjoyed having the boys, and so did my kids.  Even The Kid, my teenager, dragged her mattress and blankets out to the family room to sleep with the boys.  I loved hearing the kids giggle and talk into the wee hours of night.



December 19 - Building - We ended the sleepover with gingerbread house building.  Yup, I'm the Cool Aunt.



December 20 - Eating - In the last 24 hours, I think I was asked at least 24 times if they could eat their gingerbread houses.  I gave up.  Sure, go for it kiddos, enjoy!  And to the poor homeless Gummy Bear, I apologize. 



December 21 - Welcome Winter - Today is the first day of winter.  Although I am not looking forward to the next few months of cold, shovelling snow, and extra layers of clothes, I am so happy that after today, the days will be getting longer.  As of today, the worst is behind me.  Let the light shine in. 
morning sun through evergreen

a crow flying overhead

frost on the car window

No comments:

Post a Comment