Friday, April 15, 2011

15/365 - 24/365 ~ Project 365



15/365 - April 8 - Stop Light - Sometimes being forced to come to a halt is a good thing.



16/365 - April 9 - Sunday Morning - After sleeping in on Sunday, I walked by my room.  The bed still unmade and the sun shining in - something about it made my heart smile and I had to get a picture.



17/365 - April 10 - The Squirt - Not only did The Little Man water the bushes, he also washed my van with his new squirt gun.



18/365 - April 11 - Frozen in Time - It was a windy day.  I kept thinking it would rain, but the wind pushed the rain clouds away.  I spent the afternoon on the back deck, cleaning and putting together our little fountain.  Charlie helped me place the rocks.  When I thought about what I wanted to remember about this day, I knew it would be the time we spent on the deck.  The Little Man and I have spent so many afternoons on our back deck.  Next year when he is in school full time, our quiet afternoons together will be over.  It makes me wish that I had the superpower to stop time.  Like the way the water in the fountain is frozen in time, caught midair with the click of my shutter.  



19/365 - April 12 - Reflections - Picture Inspiration asked us to look for and capture an image of a reflection - without actually capturing the object itself.  This is a picture of the tree in my backyard reflected on the patio table.  I hate these trees.  They are dead, and need to be taken down, but finances have not allowed it.  Somehow, reflected in the table, the lines of the bare branches transform.  They become graceful.  It's another reminder of how a change in your outlook, can be all you need to discover gifts normally unseen.



20/365 - April 13 - Napping in the Sun - Is anything  better than an afternoon nap in the sun?  Okay, I can think of lots of things too, but you have to admit this pretty little kitty sure looks peaceful. 



21/365 - April 14 - House of Cards - While I was stripping wallpaper, John was going through some of his Gramma's things.  He came across this deck of cards he remembered from his childhood.  His grandparents moved these cards from their old apartment in Port Credit more than twenty years ago. 



22/365 - April 15 - His Riches -  I walked by the Little Man's room to find that he had dumped his piggy bank.  I wondered what his plans were for his money.  When his Dad got home from work, Charlie said to his dad, "Hey Dad, I got us some money to go to slushie store."  A sure sign of spring; after dinner walks to the corner store to buy slushies.

No comments:

Post a Comment