Saturday, July 17, 2010

Betty Blogger Task #2 Streaming

""

This week's Betty Blogger Task was Streaming. Streaming is when you watch or listen to media on the Internet without downloading it to your computer first. You Tube is arguably the most popular form of streaming.

You Tube is very popular in our home. We have used You Tube for both entertainment and education. I think the popularity of You Tube is due to the fact that we as a society are so busy. You Tube enables us to have a free source of information/entertainment on demand at our finger tips, without the hassle of downloading it first.

I enjoyed surfing You Tube this week. It was difficult to decide which video to post, but I ended up with Mom 2.0 because I found the photography and words inspirational. Inspiration that I found I needed. The surfing was fun, but the task of getting it posted on my blog was frustrating.

I will continue to use You Tube, and even post another You Tube video my blog. Thankfully the level of frustration is equal to the level of accomplishment I feel.

4 comments:

  1. That was beautiful! You should have put a "you may cry" warning beforehand though, it definitely brought tears to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PFP,

    If you're interested, you can choose a smaller version of these embedded videos (great job taking on the teacher's pet task, by the way!) When you click the embed button, before copying the code, click the size option 425x344, and the copy the code. The result is a smaller video box that will fit into your post properly.

    I hope this helps! Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that fantastic video. The message is so powerful and meaningful. I will definitely have to bookmark it and share it.

    ReplyDelete