Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back with a new challenge - Betty Blogger!

Well, I am back from a week long camping vacation in Arrowhead Provincial Park ( pictures coming soon!), refreshed and ready for a new challenge for myself. I've signed up for a "Betty Blogger" course at my local library.
The purpose of this course is to "develop a better community wide understanding and appreciation for web 2.0 technologies" uhhh...yeah. Considering that I had to google what web 2.0 was, I would say that my current knowledge of it would be low. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being web 2.huh and 10 being web 2.guru, I would grade myself as a 4 - web 2.muddling through.
It's my hope that through this 8 week summer course it will help me with some of my confusion. Things like how to follow a friend's blog, how to have a link to a favorite book o web site, and how to make those fancy pant photo collages are just some of what I hope to learn.
Already I think I may be cheating....the first assignment was to create a blog - I am using pictures from the patch, mostly because I feel that it is here, at the patch where I want to improve my skills, grow and learn.

2 comments:

  1. Long time not talk! Now that your back, give me a call when you get a chance. You'll also have to let me in on all the cool stuff you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Betty Blogger program, Trish. It looks to me like you are already doing well with respect to Web 2.0. Your blog pictures are lovely and I love the iLike Playlist gadget. Your 'patch' certainly seems like a great place to improve skills, grow and learn!

    ReplyDelete