Monday, January 10, 2011

365 Project January 4 - 9



January 4 - A Little Sunshine - Searching for a little colour-therapy today, I cut into the pineapple that was sitting on the counter.  The yellow center reminded me of the sun.  The juicy fruit reminded me of summer days at the beach.



January 5 - Intended for Everyday Use - Okay, so I don't do laundry everyday.  I could, but I don't.  The Picture Winter prompt for today encouraged us to look for items that make our everyday lives better.   If laundry is my nemesis, than my washing machine is my best ally.



January 6 - Cracked Open - "There is a crack in everything.  That's how the light gets in." — Leonard Cohen.  



January 6 - Hidden Beauty -  I went looking for the hidden beauty of winter today.  I found this little chickadee hiding in the cedar trees.  I think that birds and toddlers have to be that hardest subject to photograph.  So, I get my picture, upload and edit it, then I realize that the prompt from Picture Winter asked for Quiet Beauty, not hidden beauty.  Oh well, I submitted it anyway. 



January 8 - Texture Seekers -When I go shopping in the winter I have to take off my gloves.  I need to shop with my hands, and feel all the different textures of the fabrics. You could say that I am a texture junkie.  I love the chunky texture of this yarn when it has been knit.  When Picture Winter asked for us to photograph texture, I knew that this unfinished project was what I wanted to capture.  Don't you want to just touch it too?


January 9 - Bundled Up - I bought myself new slippers the other day.  I always seem to have cold feet, hands.  Actually my nose and bum are also generally colder than the rest of my body as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment