Wednesday, January 26, 2011

fifteen - happy birthday Kid



Fifteen.  My daughter is fifteen.  A couple of things baffle me about her being fifteen.  First, I never expected it to go by so quickly.  Second, I am a little surprised that I can call her a friend.  Don't get me wrong.  I am her Mom first and foremost.  But when I consider the qualities that I look for in a friend, she has them all.  I am lucky to have her in my life.  She is a joy to watch grow up. 




The boys were going to Monster Jam at night, so for her birthday, her brothers wanted to take her out on daytime dates.  Her thirteen year old brother asked her out to Tim Hortons.  He told her in his sweet way that she could choose anything that she wanted.  Josh paid for their "date" with his Christmas money.  Not to be outdone, The Little Man offered to take his big sister to the "slushie" store (the convience store) to pick out whatever candy she wanted.  He paid for their date with Dad's money.  Which is better than how he originally was planning on paying for his "date" - with his sister's birthday money!

While the boys were at Monster Jam, The Kid had some friends over to help celebrate her birthday.  I stayed up in my room, but I did hear lots of giggling from the basement. 




balloons



The Dancing Kitteh shirt I ordered online for her.  She is big fan of Ray William Johnson or " =3 "

Blowing out her candles on her ice cream cake. 


Gerbra daisies for my girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment