Tuesday, January 4, 2011

365 Project December 28 - January 3

I'm just a little sad that I am getting near the end of my 365.  Actually the project was going to be 52 weeks.  I took a picture the first two weeks (January 6th and 12th.) I realized pretty early on that it was going to be easier for me to be committed to taking a picture every day, rather than once a week.  It was too convenient for me to put off capturing an image tomorrow.   To help keep the momentum going into the home stretch I started Project Winter.  Project Winter is an online class taught by Tracey Clark the founder of the Shutter Sister Website.  I am very excited to be involved with this project. 


December 28 - Long and Lean - Hubby bought me these jeans for Christmas, but they didn't fit!  Too Big - yippee!  That's right Long and Lean baby!


December 29 - New Hiding Spot - We used our Christmas money to buy a new couch for the basement.  This meant that we had two couches to find a new home for.  The big red couch from Ikea, was pushed up against the wall.  The tiny little space in between wall and couch became the perfect new hiding spot for the Little Man. 


December 30 - Morning Frost - I woke up to a world covered in frost.  The beauty of it left me awe struck.  Try as I might, I don't think that the emotion I felt is captured in these images. 



December 31 - Weekly Self Portrait - His Shirt - Today marks our 20th anniversary.  Not our wedding anniversary, but the day that we first started dating.   This shirt was the first gift that I gave him.  Twenty years, I can't believe it.  Here's to twenty more - love ya babe. 

January 1 - A New Year - I wanted to show the new year in numbers for my 365.  It was a lucky find, to see that the numbers on the dart board would work.  One of my hopes/goals for 2011, is that my heart and mind are open to see my lucky finds. 



January 2 - A Breath of Fresh Air - (Project Winter #2 - I started a day late) - The kids and I went for a winter walk today.  It felt really good.  I didn't realize how cooped up we all felt until The Little Man remarked on the way there, "You know Mom, it's not just the trailer I like about camping, it's the fun of being outside."


January 3 - All The Possibilities - ( Project Winter #3) - I actually took these pictures before I read the prompt from Tracey.  For me a sunrise reminds me of all the possibilities.  Morning is a time for fresh starts and new beginnings.  The problem?  I couldn't decide on which image I liked better.  The first shows a brighter sky, with more shades of blue.  The second is a little under exposed, but I like the silhouettes of the bare branches against the backdrop of sky and clouds.  What do you think?  Either way, I need to clean my lens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment