Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Project 365 January 17 - 23


January 17 - Stark Raving Magnificent - Today's prompt asked us to explore simplicity.  The beauty that can be found in starkness and negative space.  The icicles that hang outside my bedroom window this morning were glowing pink from the sunrise.  Simple, pure and beautiful.  I set up my shot so that the negative space- the bare tree branches, would be out of focus, and your eye would be pulled towards the pink icicles. 



January 18 - The Center of Attention - Step Into the Light - How often do we as women put everything else before ourselves?  Where are you on your own list?  The prompt today asked us to photograph something that has been the center of our attention photographically speaking.  My weekly self portrait has been a constant in my 365 project.  So I did a selfie.  I am super proud to say that Tracey Clark, founder of Shutter Sisters, commented on this picture!  Yippee, gold star for me!



January 19 - A Different Kind of Story - Today's story should have been about the fun we had going to McDonald's and playing with cousin Jack for his birthday.  It was, but the story had a different ending than you would expect.  After we got home, The Little Man started to run a fever, and complained of a sore tummy.  I suspected strep, so off to the clinic we went.  Sure enough - strep throat.  Another round of antibiotics for the poor Little Man. 

January 20 - Frosty - Today's prompt was frosty.  This is a picture of me scraping the front windshield of my mini van.  Something I find myself doing more mornings than not. 



January 21 - Winter's Pull - Today I explored the idea of winter's pull.  In the winter you have to look a little harder to find the beauty.   What around me, on this snowy, cold, wind blown day was I drawn to?  What did I find beautiful.  The green barn on the way to Milton caught my eye.  I love the muted shades of blue and green.  I also love the way the roadside weeds and wire fence frame the picture. 


As well I went for a walk, down the street to my neighbours garden.  Her garden has interest all year long.  It's so inviting, I never pass by without wanting to explore it some more.  I love that she has so much colour even in the middle of winter. 


January 22 - Centerpiece - What's sitting on your kitchen table right now?  Is it full of clutter and junk or do you have a centerpiece that celebrates the importance of family meals.  Most days my table has a basket of napkins, a couple of empty plastic cups and a cat or two on top of it.  Today though, for the Kids birthday, the table has a chocolate cake, powdered donuts and pretty gerbra daisies. 


January 23 - High Strung - Today's Picture Winter prompt asked us to photograph something that was strung up around the house.  Garland, lights, whatever.  I stretched the prompt a little and submitted this picture of Charlie's hand and the guitar strings.  One of the strings had been tighten too far, and it snapped.  High Strung for sure.

To play fair, I also submitted this picture of the garland from Kenzie's party.  In real life the colours were bolder and more garish.  I toned down the colours, and warmed them up a bit.  Tracey commented that she thought the picture was pretty, soft like a water colour.  Yippee - another gold star!

No comments:

Post a Comment