Thursday, February 17, 2011

Family Day 2011

A few years ago, the provincial government gave Ontarians a statutory holiday in February, Family Day.  It's no secret that family means everything to me, so a holiday celebrating family is a blessing.  This year, Hubby is on call for Family Day, so we held our own Family Day this past weekend. 
Like last year, we went for a winter hike at Valens conservation area.  The family picture on my blog header is from family day 2010.  I was so surprised to see many - okay around six or seven trailers camping.  We even spotted a couple camping in a tent!  The boys had so much fun throwing snow balls at each other.  I am proud to say that I was the only one who did not get hit with a snow ball.  I guess my boys know not to mess with Mommy.  John wasn't so lucky. 

We didn't build this snow fort, but it was pretty cool to check it out.  Someone obviously spent a lot of time and effort making it. 




My sweet Kiddo Kenzie

Us - taken by The Kid

Me and my Girl. I was cracking up when I uploaded these pictures; take a look at how bundled up I am compared to the rest of the family.  I am such a wimp.

We did a lap around the campsites, and then went to the lookout. 

Me and my Guys: a few less layers on me.

my world


our traditional family day self portrait - camera perched on top of the hood of the dodge.

When were tuckered out when we got home, so we rented a few movies.  Alpha and Omega, and Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark.  After movies, we had home made pizzas for dinner.  It was a great day, spent with my favourite people. 
mmmm pizzas!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a fantastic time. I love the pictures of the family. Kenzie is getting really good with the camera as well! I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold too. I always have at least 3 layers on :) Can't wait for our get together this weekend. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete