Friday, February 4, 2011

the joy of LOVE - day 03

day 03: then and now



Then and now: my first attempt at portrait photography was this picture of The Little Man in the Pepsi Crate.  I wonder how many portraits I have taken since.  We have both grown so much.  I am so proud of you Little Man.

P.S - it seems that I am on a black and white kick.  it's not intentional. i have a couple of reasons for it
1.   my pictures have been taken at night, without flash. to compensate,  have upped my iso's, which have added grain to the image. this grain or noise doesn't look so out of place in a black and white image.  

2.  more importantly, to help focus on the person rather than than the clothes, or background in the portrait. 

3 comments:

  1. wow, he does'nt fit in that box anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole says "that little man isn't a little man anymore...that's a big boy"

    We love you Charlie Choo Choo XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. cole is so sweet, charlie does look huge here doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete