Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the joy of LOVE - day 07

day 07: generations

"if nothing is going well, call your grandmother" - Italian proverb

the joy of LOVE prompt asked us to take a generation picture.  instead, i am posting pictures of my favourite grandmas.  i can't think of a more special bond than the bond between grandmas and their grandchildren.  grandmas have the ability to make you feel like the most important person in the world.  grandmas rock!
 

my Grandma and I at the falls

Kenzie, Mom and Shamir

my mother in law, Josh and Kenzie


three generations - mom, me and kenzie


grandma up the hill

1 comment:

  1. I always remember visiting my Grandma on my Dad's side in her kitchen on the farm. She would always have some of her famous shortbread cookies and I'd sit on the special stool with the flip down steps. Grandma was always happiest in her kitchen, baking up treats for us. I was fairly young when my other Grandma passed away, but I do remember her smile and sitting out on the back patio in the sun. I am forever thankful that my girls have had the opportunity to know both their Grandma's so well. Not every one is so lucky! Thanks for the post today, it brought back a lot of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete