Monday, March 14, 2011

Dad's Birthday

Saturday,  the whole fam damily celebrated my dad's 70th birthday. Recently my father remarked to me that if he lives to see ten more birthdays he would consider himself lucky. Seventy. Ten years. The thought of it takes my breath away, and not in a good way.
I wouldn't call myself a daddy's girl, but I suppose I am.  Even though I can't remember the last time or even a time period where I ever called him Daddy.  Athough I'm sure I did when I was little.
It's hard to put our relationship into words. Maybe because there hasn't been too many words. Neither one of us are very good at laying our hearts on the line. To be honest, we haven't needed a lot of conversation.   He loves me and is proud of me.  I feel it, no need for words.

 
i love this picture.




blowing out the candles with his grandsons.




1 comment: