Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's Your Motif?

Motif:
1. a recurring subject, theme, idea, etc., especially in a literary, artistic, or musical work.
2. a distinctive and recurring form, shape, figure, etc., in a design, as in a painting or on wallpaper.
3. a dominant idea or feature


  Picture Inspiration asked us to look for and photograph motifs in our everyday lives.  When I went looking around my home for patterns, they were hard to find.  I realized  that I am not a pattern person.  I have stripes, plaids, and polka dots but very few patterns in my home.  I'm hoping that next week I will be more inspired from the prompt.  sigh.

1 comment:

  1. 1. reoccuring subject, theme, idea, etc., especially in a literary, artistic, or musical work.....For you I would say this would be family. You're home is filled with pictures of those that you love and momentos to remind you of memories of times with family and friends. For me? I'm not so sure what my motif would be. Pattern wise I'd have to say nature themes. The landscape picture in our front hallway, the bird print in our kitchen, the flowers and plants in the living room. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete