Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Princess Grad

Grade eight. I remember it so well. It was such a transformational year for myself, and it was a year of transformation for my daughter as well. She has grown up so much this past year - and her grade eight graduation was an awesome way to showcase her growth. She had been preparing for this night for a long time. I think it was back in March that we bought her a dress. She had been to the mall with a friend and found the perfect one. The day of started with a manicure, and hanging out with a friend. In the afternoon, I took her to get her hair done. After dinner, she did her makeup, and got into her dress.
Even though I had seen her in her dress, and had seen her with her makeup and hair done, when I saw her all put together, she took my breath away a little. She was stunning. I was so proud. We had time for a few quick snapshots on the front lawn before we left.




on her way...she and I walked over to her friends house, while Hubby took the van to the school.


After a few more pictures with her friend, the graduates walked to the high school where the ceremony was. As I watched the girls walk, I was remembering how they became friends - walking back and forth to kindergarten. It seemed fitting that they walked into their newest adventure together.



Receiving her certificate from her teacher and principal. We broke the rules of applause only and cheered her on!


Dancing with her Dad. Looking at this makes my heart melt. So proud of you kiddo!







1 comment:

  1. Wow! You both must be so proud. She is turning into a beautiful woman, both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete