Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day

June 20 - Drive by Visit-
I am so lucky and honoured to have both of these great men in my life. My husband is a great father. He is patient, kind, and understanding. My kids know that their Dad always has and always will have their back - but at the same time he pushes them to spread their wings and try. He is the one who has taught them to tie their shoes and ride a bike ( there is no way I would have had the courage to let go of the bike.) He is just as proud of his children as they are of him. I have heard all of them brag about their Dad when they think I can't hear. They brag about his strength, little do they know just how strong their Dad is - inside and out.
My father is wise, and kind. I have always known that he was there for me no matter how far away he is. In my adult life, Dad has moved around a lot for work, and right now is doing a job in the United States, so I felt very blessed that he just happened to be around for Father's Day. I understand my father - in a way that can be described as heart felt, he doesn't talk a lot. I know that he has suffered great loss, but continues to try his best, and learn from his mistakes.
These men make me so proud. One choose me to share in his life, and one fate choose me to share in his life. I have learned so much from both. Dad and John
My father and I


Dad and Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment