Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunshine and Showers

June 19 - Refuel
We have had a busy few weeks, and so by late in the afternoon on Saturday, I was feeling overwhelmed. I said to heck with it, lets go to the beach. The work can wait. I needed to refuel, and a day or should I say a few hours at the beach with my favorite people was just the way to do so. at the beach with my kids, munching on junk food, wearing my silly beach booties so I don't touch the seaweed on the bottom of the lake - pure joy.
the little man doing one last rinse off

We decided to order pizza on the way home, so dinner was just a matter of sitting down to the table. After dinner, the boys went downstairs to zone out and play video games, I went to my room to finish my book, and The Kid went for a walk around the neighbourhood. When she left the sky was blue with big fluffy clouds. As I was reading I thought that I heard water on the back deck, but did not pay too much attention to it, then it became louder, and harder - I grabbed my car keys and went to save my daughter. By the time I was at the car, I was soaked. By the time I found her, she looked like a drowned rat. The light was an eerie mix of dark and light, and after I saved her, I went back outside to grab these pictures. When I was editing them last night, she asked if I took the pictures before or after I came to get her. After I assured her - but I do wish I had brought my camera to get a picture of her standing on the corner looking more happy to see her mom in a minivan than I ever thought possible.


counting this one as my 365






No comments:

Post a Comment