Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 4 - 8

June 4 - Hope
My sister in law participated in the Relay for Life on Friday. We went to cheer her on and watch the opening ceremonies. The weather man called for thunderstorms and rain. Just after the Survivors Lap, the sun tried to break through the clouds. It gave me a sense of Hope, not just for the night, but for all those fighting cancer. Inspirational.
SIL's team "The Wonder Women" won best costume, and was the second highest fundraisers. Way to go!! I am so proud of these "Wonder Women"





June 5 - Pirate Booty
The boys went to the stock car races on Saturday night, The Kid was at a sleepover, so I had the night all to myself to work on the Little Man's party decorations. ARRGH!



June 6 - Crusty Dusty Bottles




June 6 -Rockin' Robin
The baby robins are growing- almost the size of their parents now. I wonder if you could call them teenagers?



June 8- Side Gate
One of my favorite things to do is to drive around the neighbourhood and hunt for junk. I spotted this gate at the side of the road and knew right away it would be perfect for the side of the house. Hubby had to make some alterations to it -( I think it may have been a headboard for a single bed at one time) but I think it adds charm to my least favorite part of my house exterior. I am looking forward to the next big junk garbage day to find my next project.







No comments:

Post a Comment